Skip to main content

NBC Finds "Kidnapped"... Well, Sort of

Fans of the recently deceased Kidnapped, there is hope of seeing the rest of the 13-episode run as NBC has found the drama series again... on the internet.

Just a day after officially announcing that it would pull the remaining episodes of Kidnapped off of its Saturday death knell, NBC has suggested that it is in talks with Kidnapped's studio, Sony Pictures Television, to run the eight unaired episodes on NBC.com.

Additionally, NBC even indicated that it might make a new installment available each Friday, at least lending the appearance that the serialized aspect of the series matters. A further option would be to have Kidnapped's episodes get a second window on NBC itself, perhaps in the form of a marathon run of all 8 remaining episodes in a single block. (Not sure where they would program that, but I have a feeling that if it happens it would be on sister net Bravo and not on NBC proper.)

Production on Kidnapped, which will not be extended beyond its 13-episode original order (duh), wraps next week. As for whether Knapp locates the missing Leopold Cain, I'd say it's pretty likely he'll do so, say, by the end of that final episode.

Comments

Kat said…
See, I really liked Kidnapped, and thought it would be a hit. What do I know? I think they should give it to Bravo, and let them run with it.
Anonymous said…
I deleted Saturday's episode from my Tivo without watching it because they cancelled the show. Then I get up this morning and hear they are going to air the remaining shows anyway. Sigh. Thank God for Tivo's new "Recently Deleted" items folder.

In all seriousness, though, I am glad they are letting it play out. I always really enjoy Jeremy Sisto's performances so I am happy to get to watch him for a few more weeks.
Anonymous said…
loved kidnapped!i cant wait to see the last one.cant b-lieve they r taking it off. its a lot better than some of the other shows they still hav running!luv the cast.i agree they should give the show to USA or Bravo.thought i had missed the last one,or they didnt show it.soo glad they r returning w/it.

Popular posts from this blog

Katie Lee Packs Her Knives: Breaking News from Bravo's "Top Chef"

The android has left the building. Or the test kitchen, anyway. Top Chef 's robotic host Katie Lee Joel, the veritable "Uptown Girl" herself (pictured at left), will NOT be sticking around for a second course of Bravo's hit culinary competition. According to a well-placed insider, Joel will "not be returning" to the show. No reason for her departure was cited. Unfortunately, the perfect replacement for Joel, Top Chef judge and professional chef Tom Colicchio, will not be taking over as the reality series' host (damn!). Instead, the show's producers are currently scouring to find a replacement for Joel. Top Chef 's second season was announced by Bravo last month, but no return date has been set for the series' ten-episode sophomore season. Stay tuned as this story develops. UPDATE (6/27): Bravo has now confirmed the above story .

BuzzFeed: Meet The TV Successor To "Serial"

HBO's stranger-than-fiction true crime documentary The Jinx   — about real estate heir Robert Durst — brings the chills and thrills missing since Serial   wrapped up its first season. Serial   obsessives: HBO's latest documentary series is exactly what you've been waiting for.   The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst , like Sarah Koenig's beloved podcast, sifts through old documents, finds new leads from fresh interviews, and seeks to determine just what happened on a fateful day in which the most foul murder was committed. And, also like  Serial  before it,  The Jinx may also hold no ultimate answer to innocence or guilt. But that seems almost beside the point; such investigations often remain murky and unclear, and guilt is not so easy a thing to be judged. Instead, this upcoming six-part tantalizing murder mystery, from director Andrew Jarecki ( Capturing the Friedmans ), is a gripping true crime story that unfolds with all of the speed of a page-turner; it

BBC Culture: Matthew Weiner: Mad Men’s creator on its final episodes

The creative force behind the period drama talks about where his characters are as his show begins its final episodes. “We left off with everyone’s material needs being met in an extreme way,” says Mad Men creator Matthew Weiner of where we last saw the characters on his critically acclaimed period drama when the show went on hiatus 10 months ago. “Then the issue is, what else is there?” That is the central question with the return to US TV of the AMC hit, one demanding to be answered by both the show’s characters, and its creator whose success is the envy of the television industry. Mad Men has been a defining part of Weiner’s life for the last 15 years. He wrote the pilot script on spec while he was a staff writer on CBS’ Ted Danson sitcom Becker in 1999, using it to land a writing gig on HBO’s The Sopranos in 2002. It would take another five years, filled with multiple rejections, before the first episode of Mad Men would make it on the air. Someone with less determination or vision