Skip to main content

UPDATED: "Jericho" Not Dead, After All

Perhaps fan campaigns to save doomed series do really work after all.

CBS is said to be in talks to resurrect cancelled drama Jericho, which it axed at the end of the post-apocalyptic drama's sole season last month, thanks to the efforts of some devoted viewers.

The Hollywood Reporter indicates that CBS is considering bringing back the slaughtered series for a seven-episode midseason run. One hurdle, however: getting Jericho's cast, including star Skeet Ulrich, to sign up for a second tour of duty.

The network does have all of the actors under option (most nets typically retain options on their series' actors through July), however those deals would have to be changed due to the truncated Season Two structure.

Bottom line: Jericho fans, don't expect all of your favorite characters to return next year, should CBS be able to reach a deal with sister studio CBS Paramount.

UPDATE: CBS has confirmed that they have in fact ordered those seven additional episodes of Jericho for midseason and plan to release the Season One DVD on September 25th; additionally, there may be an online component that may bridge the gap during the wait for the seven-episode Season Two.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Damn, I am totally eating my "That nuts campaign was lame" words.
Anonymous said…
Say what you want about Jericho, it's still miles better than just about everything CBS developed this season. Moonlight? Ouch.

Nice to have you back from vacation!
Anonymous said…
So happy!!! Now if only SCI-FI would reconsider cancelling BSG....
Sweet Tea said…
Jericho reruns begin July 6 at 9 p.m. EST on CBS. Season 2 begins this Fall. Please watch & spread the word. Thanks.
maybei said…
Just came across your blog - very nice :-)

I am a Jericho fan too. Looking forward to the next 7 episodes!!

We are still promoting the show!

Popular posts from this blog

Katie Lee Packs Her Knives: Breaking News from Bravo's "Top Chef"

The android has left the building. Or the test kitchen, anyway. Top Chef 's robotic host Katie Lee Joel, the veritable "Uptown Girl" herself (pictured at left), will NOT be sticking around for a second course of Bravo's hit culinary competition. According to a well-placed insider, Joel will "not be returning" to the show. No reason for her departure was cited. Unfortunately, the perfect replacement for Joel, Top Chef judge and professional chef Tom Colicchio, will not be taking over as the reality series' host (damn!). Instead, the show's producers are currently scouring to find a replacement for Joel. Top Chef 's second season was announced by Bravo last month, but no return date has been set for the series' ten-episode sophomore season. Stay tuned as this story develops. UPDATE (6/27): Bravo has now confirmed the above story .

BuzzFeed: Meet The TV Successor To "Serial"

HBO's stranger-than-fiction true crime documentary The Jinx   — about real estate heir Robert Durst — brings the chills and thrills missing since Serial   wrapped up its first season. Serial   obsessives: HBO's latest documentary series is exactly what you've been waiting for.   The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst , like Sarah Koenig's beloved podcast, sifts through old documents, finds new leads from fresh interviews, and seeks to determine just what happened on a fateful day in which the most foul murder was committed. And, also like  Serial  before it,  The Jinx may also hold no ultimate answer to innocence or guilt. But that seems almost beside the point; such investigations often remain murky and unclear, and guilt is not so easy a thing to be judged. Instead, this upcoming six-part tantalizing murder mystery, from director Andrew Jarecki ( Capturing the Friedmans ), is a gripping true crime story that unfolds with all of the speed of a page-turner; it

BBC Culture: Matthew Weiner: Mad Men’s creator on its final episodes

The creative force behind the period drama talks about where his characters are as his show begins its final episodes. “We left off with everyone’s material needs being met in an extreme way,” says Mad Men creator Matthew Weiner of where we last saw the characters on his critically acclaimed period drama when the show went on hiatus 10 months ago. “Then the issue is, what else is there?” That is the central question with the return to US TV of the AMC hit, one demanding to be answered by both the show’s characters, and its creator whose success is the envy of the television industry. Mad Men has been a defining part of Weiner’s life for the last 15 years. He wrote the pilot script on spec while he was a staff writer on CBS’ Ted Danson sitcom Becker in 1999, using it to land a writing gig on HBO’s The Sopranos in 2002. It would take another five years, filled with multiple rejections, before the first episode of Mad Men would make it on the air. Someone with less determination or vision